2010 TA Visa Waiver Program

It is your responsibility to ensure you have a valid passport and any necessary visas for your tour. As a general rule you will need a passport with at least six months validity following the end of your trip.

The visa requirements for your trip may vary depending on where you are going, and where you are from. It is important that you check which visas you will need, and apply for each of the necessary visas whilst in your home country.

Please bear in mind that some tours may spend time in more than one country.

Visa and Rules for entry to the USA
  • Holders of UK, Australian, New Zealand and most EU country passports are eligible to travel to the USA under the Visa Waiver Program. The Visa Waiver program is open to people for travel in the USA for up to a 90 day stay.
  • Any person who is planning on travelling to the USA under the Visa Waiver Program must complete the online pre-registration and receive approval via the US Embassy website's Electronic System for Travel Authorisation (ESTA) before travelling to the USA
  • If you are planning to transit in the USA or intend to stopover on the way to your destination, you will still need to apply for an ESTA. You must apply for your ESTA at least 72 hours before travelling to the USA. Your ESTA will be valid for a period of two years, or until your passport expires. We recommend you carry your ESTA approval with you when you travel.
  • Registration is a simple process that will only take a few minutes to complete
  • Please only complete the form provided through the red button link below. (This is the official link for applications. There are a number of companies you may find online who will charge you an unnecessary fee for the service of guiding you through the completion of the forms.)
  • You will require your passport details and your address in the US (you can use the starting point hotel address). At the time of writing there is a USD$14 fee for the electronic approval (ESTA.). Please note, US citizens need a valid passport to cross US borders.
  • The ESTA form will request your Point of Contact as well as Address while in the USA. The point of contact is our operation's office in California.

    American Adventures Travel
    77 W. Third Street
    Santa Rosa, CA,
    Tel: 707-523-1800

    Your address while in the USA will be the name and address of the first hotel or residence you stay at on arrival. If you are using our departure hotel, the details are printed on the Trek Tips that you can download here.

    Register for ESTA here

  • For further information of the Visa Waiver Program please use the links below.

    > See countries eligible to travel to the USA under the Visa Waiver Program

    > Find out more about the requirements needed to travel

    > Find out more about the Electronic System for Travel Authorisation
  • Residents from countries who cannot travel under the Visa Waiver Programme must consult their relevant embassy for more information.
Visa Requirements for other destinations
  • Visas are not currently required by holders of UK, EU, Australian, New Zealand or US passports for the following countries:
    - Canada
    - Costa Rica
    - Mexico
    - Guatemala
    - Belize
    - Honduras
    - Nicaragua
    - Panama

    Other nationalities should consult the relevant embassy.

    We keep the above visa information as up to date as possible, but it is important that you check this for yourself
View Essential Details

View Last Minute Deals

Late Booking Discounts - Save up to 25%


Click here to view our recent awards
View TrekAmerica videos on YouTube
Join our Facebook Page
Join TrekAmerica Live - Our Community Site
Follow us on Twitter
TrekAmerica Korean website
TrekAmerica German website
TrekAmerica Française