At TrekAmerica we believe that your safety and enjoyment are the most important parts of your holiday. Before you join your tour you MUST be covered by insurance that includes adequate coverage for baggage, medical expenses, any adventurous activities you plan to take part in, helicopter rescue and the cost of repatriation should you become too ill to continue to travel.
In addition to this, we strongly recommend that you include tour cancellation coverage, in the event that you have to cancel your booking prior to departure because of serious illness or injury to yourself, a member of your immediate family or travelling companions.
You will be asked to provide details of your insurance policy, including insurer, policy and phone number on the morning of your trip departure. If you join a TrekAmerica tour without adequate insurance you may not be allowed to continue with no right to a refund.
We can offer you a comprehensive travel insurance policy which is completely tailored for your TrekAmerica trip and is specially designed to include all the activities listed in our brochure and website.
If you do not take our policy, you must ensure that the policy you do take offers an equivalent level of protection and covers you for the activities involved - be aware that some policies do not include, or restrict, coverage for this type of travel.
There may be cheaper policies available, but this does not mean they offer better value - we strongly advise you check fully what will and won't be covered. Often cheap online policies and travel insurance provided free of charge by credit card companies do not provide enough cover for all adventurous activities, tour cancellation or sufficient medical coverage for North America.
For helpful advice on travel insurance, download our insurance tips.
Download our Insurance Tips
What we offer
- We can offer you a Single Trip Policy for the number of days that you need, or an annual policy which covers up to 10 weeks for any single trip, and as many trips in the year as you like!
Some of the benefits of our policy are:
- Every activity you can do on one of our trips is covered, including zip lining, kayaking, white water rafting and horse riding
- Cover of up to £150 to catch up your tour if your arrival is delayed
- Helicopter repatriation - if you break an ankle in the Grand Canyon and need to be airlifted, it will be very expensive!
- Cancellation cover, including your tour deposit with no excess payable.
- No elevation limit for hiking (go as high as you dare!)
- No limit on water grading for white water rafting
...and much more!
We can also offer you cancellation only cover for your trip.
- The Trek America policy will cover all those who reside within the EU. For those travelling with us who reside outside the EU we have teamed up with Journeyman Services who have been a specialist in insurance coverage for the last 15 years. All activities that it is possible to participate in when on your tour are covered, giving you piece of mind should something happen when in the Americas. All non EU residents can receive a quote and purchase a Journeyman policy. Click here to visit the Journeyman site.
TrekAmerica Policy Details & Prices
- If you wish to purchase our travel insurance you can select to add this when you book online. The payment will automatically be deducted from your credit card in addition to the tour deposit or full payment. Alternatively you can call our sales team.
Single Trip Insurance
You can purchase a single trip insurance policy for just the number of day you need for your holiday.
Single Trip PremiumsUK£Euro €US$ Single Trip up to 10 days:£45€54$72 Single Trip up to 17 days:£69€83$111 Single Trip up to 25 days:£85€102$136 Single Trip up to 50 days:£139€167$223 Single Trip up to 80 days:£208€250$333 Each additional month:£69€83$111 Single Trip Excess Waiver*:£12€15$20
Annual Multi Trip Insurance
The Annual Multi-Trip insurance offers many additional advantages and is often better value if embarking on a longer trip or if you are a frequent traveller.
The benefits include:
- Worldwide cover
- Covers many types of adventurous activities - for example scuba diving (NB there are exclusions relating to non brochured, independently arranged activities) - Includes 4 weeks winter-sports cover at no additional charge.
- 10 weeks cover for any single journey.
- One single certificate covers your travel insurance needs for an entire year, allowing any number of trips.
- Available to anyone resident in Europe during the duration of the policy.
- Children 18 and under FREE. Up to 4 children aged 18 and under at time of booking can go free and are covered to travel independently e.g. school trips. Children must be named on policy and reside permanently with a parent who is an insured person.
Please Note: For persons aged 56-65 years at the time of arranging insurance, double the premium is charged for the single trip policy. This policy is not available for persons aged 70 and over. For those 70 years and above please refer to Campbell Irvine on 0844 826 2722 for details on how to arrange cover.
Annual Multi-Trip PremiumsUK£Euro €US$ Annual Multi-trip** 1 person (incl. up to 4 children) :£145€174$232 Annual Multi-trip** Family (2 adults & up to 4 children):£225€270$360 Annual Excess Waiver*:£20€24$32
* Family Rate: For families travelling together a special premium applies based on 2.5 times the adult rate. This provides cover for two adults under 70 years and up to four children aged 18 years or less.
Child Reduction: Premiums are reduced by half for children aged 18 years or less at the time of booking, if travelling with an insured adult insured under this scheme.
Cancellation Cover Only
Cancellation only cover:£45€54$72
Summary of cover
Section B (Personal Accident):
Permanent Loss of Sight
Loss of Limb(s)
Permanent Total Disablement
Cancellation or Curtailment
Delayed Departure or Arrival
Hijack of aircraft
Interruption of Transport
Delayed Tour Expenses
Passport & Visas
Cover up to:
GBP 100 (-12hrs) / GBP 1,000 (+12hrs)
(Valuables limited to GBP 350)
(Single Article Limit GBP 250)
(Disc Collections GBP 200)
UKGBP 70 per claim per section per person except for Section D - temporally lost baggage, loss of deposit, travel restriction, personal accident and personal liability which are not subject to an excess.
UKGBP 250 in respect of section F - Legal Expenses only.
* To avoid the excess payment charges stated above we offer an excess waiver which is paid in addition to your normal premium as shown in the Premiums tables above. If you purchase the excess waiver, no policy excess applies for claims arising from personal accident, loss of deposit only, travel delay and temporary loss of baggage.
USA and Worldwide
This is only a summary of cover. Full details of the cover provided are shown on your policy document which will be emailed to you upon receipt of payment of premium, please read it carefully to ensure you understand the cover provided, which includes certain terms, conditions, exclusions and excesses as this insurance is being sold to you on a Non Advised basis from a single insurer. In particular, cover is excluded for any pre-existing medical condition for which you or any person upon whom travel depends are suffering, such as a relative. If in doubt please contact the insurer's medical helpline on 0844 826 2686. Should you wish to see a specimen, a copy will be made available prior to purchase upon request. If the insurance does not meet your requirements you may return the documentation within 14 days of the purchase or prior to travel if this is sooner and, provided no claim has been made, obtain a refund.
- All premiums shown are inclusive of Insurance Premium tax at the applicable rate
- The 24 hour worldwide emergency medical service is provided by Global Response, experts in providing friendly and professional emergency help around the clock.
- Trek America is an Appointed Representative of Campbell Irvine Ltd who are authorized and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
- The policy will only cover those residing within the E.U.