Chile's Atacama Desert once went for 40 years without rain!
South America Tours
As exciting as it is diverse, South America is a place where stunning beaches pave the way to exotic rainforests, vibrant cities and ancient ruins.
A host of awesome cities make the perfect introduction to this amazing continent; from the golden beaches and favelas of Rio to the colonial facades of South America’s food capital, Lima. The mind-blowing Andes that stretch the length of the continent mesmerise many a visitor, as does the nightlife; some of the best of which can be found in the colourful streets of tango loving Buenos Aires.
Venturing out of the city, nature abounds; from the swooping condors over Peru’s Colca Canyon to the mighty Amazon rainforest and powerful Iguazu Falls, straddling the borders of Brazil and Argentina.
Ready for adventure? The Inca Trail hike to Machu Picchu should be top of your list, along with a 4x4 drive across Bolivia’s stunning salt flats for an experience that’ll leave you spellbound. And if it’s culture you’re after you’ll find it around every corner as you stroll the treasured UNESO World Heritage Sites of Cusco or Cuenca, or hop on a boat to cross to Lake Titicaca’s floating reed islands.
The excitement and lust for life in South America is catching and it’ll definitely leave you wanting more!
See more with TrekAmerica
- Let Iguazu Falls reveals magnificent panoramic views in an awesome jungle setting
- Hike the Inca Trail or hop on a train to the city of the Incas, Machu Picchu
- Explore the buzzing neighbourhood of Buenos Aires for tango, markets and football
- Take a distance-bending photo at Uyuni, the worlds largest salt flat!
- Aim to get lost through the spellbinding streets of Quito in Ecuador